The Talbot County Women’s Club is excited to announce the establishment of the “Restoration Fund” used to collect donations for expenses associated with the restoration of its historic headquarters and site at 18 Talbot Lane, Easton, MD 21601. The property is located within the Town of Easton’s Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 2013, an archaeological investigation at this property was conducted by the University of Maryland Department of Archaeology along with colleagues from Morgan State University and the local community as part of The Hill Community Project. Historic preservation of the house at this site would help to preserve the site’s archaeological integrity.
In 1930 Talbot’s visionary women leaders founded the Talbot County Women’s Club putting them at the forefront of the “Women’s Club Movement,” which provided women a forum for the free exchange of ideas and improving the community. Housed in this historic landmark building, members have a place for service, learning and friendship.
Please consider a gift that will preserve the house and site for future generations. Donations can be made to the Talbot County Women’s Club, P.O.1632, Easton, MD 21601. You can also pay via Pay-Pal, Venmo, or with any major credit card.
Talbot County Women’s Club is a charitable 501 (c) 3 organization.