History

Founded

On February 7th, 1930, Elizabeth Dixon (shown left) met at the residence of Mrs. H. H. Jackson at 202 S. Washington Street along with Mrs. R.E. Appleton, Miss Edna Rowland and Mrs. J. H. Slatford.  At this preliminary gathering, Mrs. Elizabeth Dixon stated the objectives that animated the group “to maintain a center for the activities of the women of the county; to create a friendly relation among the members; to promote a common interest and understanding in charitable, educational, civic, moral and social measures.”